Hi Hazelnut Growers,
Here is an outline of our programme for our February Field Days weekend. I hope you have this date booked into your diaries from the advance notice that went out on 15 December and will be coming along for the chance to catch-up with other growers and talk hazelnuts!
Below is a brief outline of the programme, with more details about the properties we are going to visit appearing in the newsletter that our editor, Mark Platt is putting together for us before the Field Days.
Please BYO a cup or mug for a morning cuppa
Sat 25th February
1. Peter and Helen Still, 2906 North Rakaia Rd RD 13 Rakaia
- start gathering from 9.30 for a cuppa, with a 10 am official start time
leave approx 10.45 for 30 min drive to
2. Les & Linda McCracken, 172 Wakanui Road, Ashburton. Approx 11.15 - 12.30 for orchard tour
3. DIY lunch - many cafes and other food places in Ashburton (Ashburton Domain is lovely for a picnic lunch), or in Geraldine. Approx 40 minute drive from Ashburton to Geraldine
4. Jim & Eleanor Jolly, 20 Kalaugher Road Geraldine.
- 3pm start and orchard tour. Followed by an afternoon cuppa/drink with time to talk, ask questions, share info ...
5. HGA committee meeting (4-5pm)
6. Dinner at the Geraldine hotel: please advise if you are coming to dinner - separately from coming to the Field Days - as we will need to confirm numbers with the restaurant. http://www.geraldinehotel.co.nz/
Sunday 26th February
1. Craig & Elizabeth Smith, 893 Pleasant Point Highway, 4RD Timaru, aprox 30 mins from Geraldine, or about 15 mins from Timaru
- gather from 9.30 with a cuppa, for a 10 am start, visit for about an hour, then it's a 5min drive to
2. Andrew Stevens, 494 Rolling Ridges Road, Timaru (near to Pleasant Point Highway) who are Farm Forestry people to talk shelterbelts.
3. Wrap-up around lunchtime so people can go home.